Old 06-02-2006, 04:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Global warming?

"Robert Grumbine" wrote in message
In article ,
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote in message
. ..
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Lady Blacksword" wrote in message
"Travis M." wrote in message
[...]
Outlook does not do newsgroups.

--

Oh Really? Then what I'm reading is a figment of my imagination????!!
Or

You're using Outlook Express, not Outlook.

OK, OK, I'm sorry I triggered this fight.

I don't use any MS program if I can help it, have never, ever used
Outlook
or Outlook Express, and never will, in fact have removed as much of
Outlook/Outlook Express as I could, have removed all other MS programs
except Internet Explorer, since Microdaft insists on ActiveX for
updating,
so I can't use Mozilla, so I didn't know that "Outlook" isn't just a
short
form of "Outlook Express", which is what I thunk, but refer to different
programs, etc etc etc.

So kwitcherfitin, already!

I understand not using some MS stuff, but considering how cheap hard disk
space is these days, why do you waste time removing things? Just don't use
them.

Because MS stuff still on the disk can be invoked by other MS stuff on
the disk, the OS included, whether you planned it to or not. Quite a few
attacks on Windows computers rely on this trait. If you don't want a
given
MS program to be executed, you have to delete it.

OK. I asked because sometimes, uninstalling software on Windows machines can
result in really hideous problems that you're never able to solve
completely, except by reformatting and reinstalling the OS, which isn't such
a bad idea anyway from time to time.