Old 06-02-2006, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Global warming?

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Lady Blacksword" wrote in message
"Travis M." wrote in message
[...]
Outlook does not do newsgroups.

--

Oh Really? Then what I'm reading is a figment of my imagination????!!
Or is it you, Travis, who is a figment?

I don't use any MS program if I can help it, have never, ever used
Outlook or Outlook Express, and never will, in fact have removed as much
of Outlook/Outlook Express as I could, have removed all other MS
programs except Internet Explorer, since Microdaft insists on ActiveX
for updating, so I can't use Mozilla, so I didn't know that "Outlook"
isn't just a short form of "Outlook Express", which is what I thunk, but
refer to different programs, etc etc etc.

So kwitcherfitin, already!

I understand not using some MS stuff, but considering how cheap hard disk
space is these days, why do you waste time removing things? Just don't
use them.

Older machine, smaller HD, two OSs. Made the mistake of installing W2K on
a 2GB partition, which was touted as "minimum required." Shoulda known
better. Need W2K mostly for an estimating program my wife uses, and use it
for web access because Bell Sympatico doesn't play well with OS/2. Bah!
The "good" desktop runs on OS/2, and I've experimented with Linux on it.

Currently debating whether to go to another notebook (for my wife -- I
have a Mac G4), or another desktop. I like desktops - I can tinker with
them easily. And there are some really good buys out there, of "old" mobos
that were cutting edge a mere 18 months ago.... H'm. OTOH, a laptop would
suit my wife just fine, she could take it to the office, etc.

Difficult....

How old is "old"? It's amazing what more RAM can do for a computer. In fact,
it's the best way to spend upgrade money, followed by a larger hard disk,
and then a better video card (which is counterintuitive, but it really does
help, because of all the graphics on the web).