Old 06-02-2006, 02:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper

Default How to convert grass to garden

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in
:

I have a nice patch of grass in my back yard I want to convert to
garden. What are some good ways to get rid of the grass - kill it,
turn it under, etc. ?

While I haven't tried this, you could mow it really short first then try
other removal methods. We used a pick ax, straight bottom shovel, and
tiller to get our garden going last year. I found the best thing to do
with the grass is to pile it up on one end of the garden and let it sit
for about a month and till it. Repeat. (Don't try to grow anything
there yet!) When it converts to soil, you should be good.

Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.