Old 06-02-2006, 03:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
GA Pinhead

Default How to convert grass to garden

Depends on what kind of grass. If it is bermuda about the only way to
kill it is with Roundup. No residuals to worry about.

You can use clear plastic to solarized the area.

Cut as short as you can, newspaper/cardboard topped with mulch.

Desod it with a flathead shovel and use the sod to start your compost
pile upside down.

John!

Ook wrote:
I have a nice patch of grass in my back yard I want to convert to garden.
What are some good ways to get rid of the grass - kill it, turn it under,
etc. ?