Old 06-02-2006, 02:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Vendor for Show in October - Suggestions

Sue: Tough dilemma! I take it moving back to "orchid civilization" is not
an option? G Kenni

Kenni -
We had the same 4 vendors for years. The newcomers and the visitor
off the street were the only ones who enjoyed it. We set the policy
and a 4 year rotation hoping to get some new blood. The problem we
have had is that we are in an isolated area. There is one vendor in
range. So people had come to believe that the local nursery or HD
were reasonable sources of plants. We want to get them to expand
their understanding and to see the vendors as people they know and can
trust or do business with on the Internet.

We definitely are not looking for a one year visit. We want the
interaction. We just needed to break the dependency on 1 or 2 vendors
who were starting to feel it was their place to tell us how to run the
OS and organize the show and sales.
SuE