Old 06-02-2006, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Joan Riley

Default Asparagus

Having recently moved here (South Ayrshire) I have inherited what I
think is an asparagus plant in a deep bed in the greenhouse. I have
never grown this before and don't even know what they are supposed to
look like. When we arrived in the autumn it had bamboo like shoots
topped with fine ferny growth. I cut it down to about 5 inches and
now it is sprouting little ferns on the shoots. Is this real
asparagus? Is asparagus fern something different? Should I be doing
anything to it? Any help would be appreciated.

Joan in Ayrshire
remove 'spam' from email to reply