Old 06-02-2006, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Propagating Echium Pinninana from seed

"Janet Baraclough" wrote
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

snip
Here's one called Pride of Madeira! http://tinyurl.com/acug3
And there's a good pic of E. wildpretii on this site:
http://www.justplants.co.uk/Main%20Page7.htm

I'm hoping it's Po M, the foliage looks similar, but won't be able
to identify by flower, er, until they flower :-) Thanks for that
justplants link btw..I've bookmarked it for further exploration later.

Oh my word, that's a gorgeous plant!

I've been thinking I must make space for some of the rather humbler
native Echium vulgare, 'Viper's Bugloss', which grows wild around here
but is still lovely enough imo to deserve garden space. E. russicum that
I planted last year appears to have survived the winter, so I'm hoping
to see that flower this summer, but I never imagined those wonderful
tall varieties could be grown in E Anglia. It seems Geoff Stebbings is
gardening not all that far from Norfolk though. What an inspiration.

--
Sue