Old 28-02-2003, 08:39 AM
Anne Middleton/Harold Walker

Default American frost zones

I rarely water my grass, and often during the summer it turns brown, but I
don't mind, it _always_ comes back green when the rain comes, I cannot
understand people who keep watering their grass, it always seems to me
to be a complete waste of water.

Likewise re turning brown and recuperating in the autumn........not much
point in the minds of many in having brown stuff all summer long......might
just as well convert to zeroscaping....minimum water plants with summer
beauty......must admit the brown grass does not need cutting (good for couch
potatoes) whereas plants might need some summer care and not the thing for
the couch potatoes.........a bowling green would look lovely nice and brown.

Alan