Old 07-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Dinarius Dinarius is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by
When you remove young suckers the idea is to pull them off with a small
piece of the heel attached because it contains many undeveloped bud
cells for new suckers.
When you remove these larger suckers you will most likely have to cut
them off close to flush, any new suckers that this stimulates can be
easily rubbed off with your thumb before the tissue hardens. (Providing
you pay attention)
Many thanks.

I should have explained that the property is commonage, which my neighbour and I are dividing between. However, the two limes trees are indisbutably on what will be our half of the ground. My neighbour has no problem with this. My only concern is for the tree, first and foremost, and for my ability to preserve/maintain the fence.

I was hoping to be able to argue that it was necessary to keep the fence a little bit clear of the lime tree shoots. If I understand you both correctly, this isn't so?

Thanks.

D.