Old 07-02-2006, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default OT Problem with this uk.rec.gardening

Rupert wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
Michael adams wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
I am using SeaMonkey, News.Individual.Net and Windows XP. I am having a
very specific problem, it is only with uk.rec.gardening out of the 7
newsgroups to which I subscribe.
If I do a search for sender I have the messages displayed by that sender
but SeaMonkey then loops and the only way to close it is by force. I've
asked this question of both SeaMonkey and News.Individual.net neither of
who can help. If I use another news provider it is ok.
Anyone any ideas please? Also is there anyone else using the same
combination who do, or do not, have the problem, I would love to hear
from them.

Try asking in seamonkey's own newsgroup -

netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey

which is available on news.indvidual.net

michael adams

I did Michael, no help there I'm afraid. No I must amend that the help
given (delete all and start again) did not work.

Perhaps you had difficulty understanding the language:-).
Could it be that the folder is corrupted? Have a root around in win explorer
and delete the folder uk.rec.gardening. I know this works with o/e but I
have no knowledge of seamonkey.

I deleted all files appertaining to uk.rec.gardening, including the .msf
file, to no avail, however I will have another go. Thanks