Old 07-02-2006, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

Default Distance Learning/Correspondence Courses

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
If one has that basic grasp of the commonest verb variations, it's then
quicker and easier to pick up French by "total immersion" which as you
say is the best way to learn a language. Can you get French TV at home?

Yes Janet, you sound just like my husband - my French is great, everyone
hangs on to my every word - they just stare at me. My husband then
explains (in a restaurant) that I have just asked for Duck jam instead
of confit d'canard.

The French waitress was also rude in that she corrected me three times
when I asked for the desert menu, it was amusing the first time she
stressed the pronunciation; and I then tried to say it as she said it,
she repeated it again, in a louder voice, and again I tried but when she
repeated it to me, in a very loud voice, for the third time, I retorted
with just bring me the ****** menu please (in my best French of course).
After all I had gone there to eat not to have a French lesson!
--
Judith Lea