Old 07-02-2006, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

Default Distance Learning/Correspondence Courses

In article , Sacha
writes

This sounds like one of my better gaffes in Italian - hot, bothered and
beleaguered by my children, I was doing some food shopping. I asked the
startled shopkeeper and his heavily pregnant wife if I could have 'sei
pommerigi' instead of 'sei pommodori' - six afternoons, instead of six
tomatoes. Once she realised I was not inviting her husband into a career as
a gigolo, the wife laughed so much I thought she was going to give birth
then and there!

You hussy!

They made a deliberate choice to live where there were
no foreigners and within a year they had made almost entirely French friends
and were yakking away nineteen to the dozen.

Us too, we don't have any English in the vicinity but my husband who
worked and lived in France in fluent and when I am with him, he tends to
do the talking but I do go and take coffee with my farmer neighbours,
adorable couple, and I chat away, Henri's eyes glaze over every now and
then but Marie-Louise seems to understand me and we spend a lot of time
together - she shows me how to make a meal from nothing and I then tell
Edward who actually does the cooking (I'm not that daft).

--
Judith Lea