Old 07-02-2006, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Vegetables suited to part shade?

Nick Maclaren wrote:
| What foliage plants do you have in mind? I didn't want to be too
| negative - I've suggested rubarb, which I still find impossible to
| spell for some strange reason. I've suggested quick growing crop, like
| chicory and radishes which are happy in the shade, and in this case,
| semi shade. But as for tomatoes, potatoes, sweetcorns etc ... frankly
| it would be a waste of time.

Well, spinach, rocket, even chard, and so on are foliage plants.
Lettuce and brassicas can be a bit trickier, as the more highly
hybridised ones often depend on good conditions. Radishes and
rhubarb are essentially foliage plants.

Ho silly me! For a moment I thought 'foliage' plant, what does he means
.... just leaves, green plants... what plants?!?

Perhaps it's my switching from one language to another (that and the
revisions. Feeling a bit tired now actually).