Old 07-02-2006, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Distance Learning/Correspondence Courses

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 7/2/06 14:24, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

snip

In particular, if you have not learnt to hear certain sounds by
the age of 5 or so, you probably never will - even if you have
an early hearing problem that is later corrected.

I don't know if this is correct but I was told some years ago that the
Lycée International won't accept anyone who did not start to learn French
by
the age of four. This was told me by someone who had been through that
system and he said that this was because after that age it is 'impossible'
to learn to pronounce French as the French themselves speak it.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I am certain that I recall that or something very similar. There was that
Franglais thing (again) which I think was all part of the same pantomine.
I thought it was about preserving the purity of the French language but
didn't realise it extended down as far as pronounciation.