Old 07-02-2006, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default Green Fingers

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've heard somewhere that 'having green fingers' (in the States it's
'having a green thumb' and in France it's 'having a green hand') that
it's not only because one is good at gardening but because of some
chemical reaction from one's hand onto the plants (and vise versa). Now
is this true?

Dunno! but I can tell you having green thumbs is literally true during the
seasons, moving pots around we always grip the edge with thumb inside and
the algae stains our thumbs green!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk