Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Green Fingers

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Charlie Pridham wrote:
Dunno! but I can tell you having green thumbs is literally true during
the
seasons, moving pots around we always grip the edge with thumb inside and
the algae stains our thumbs green!

)

Bother! I was sure there was something about it - someone told me. I
can't have dreamt it. I can't find anything on this. It's strange ...

FWIW I too, vaguely remember something about this. It sounds extremely
unlikely. How about sweating/sebum hands contain a complex cocktail of
organic chemicals, some of which are "fatty acids" .Similar fatty acids are
now widely used for control of aphids etc.
Plant gets less ravaged and success rate is higher. I Suppose if we were
taking about tiny seedlings then the theory might nearly....