Old 07-02-2006, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Distance Learning/Correspondence Courses

Emery Davis wrote:
Starzky et Ootch -- so after
several weeks I was equipped to commit a hold-up:
"Haut les mains!" Or to do police work, I suppose.

)
When I first discovered the true names of the american/english films I
watch as a kid, it amused me how silly the translations where. For
examples, 'Charlie's Angels' being 'Drole De Dames' and 'The Avengers'
being 'Chapeau Melon et Bottes de Cuir'. You'd think they'd have found
something snappier!

On the subject of silly mistakes made in a second language,

(snip)

My husband at an early stage of his French progress, not only found
kissing my uncle a very difficult thing to do but came up once by
saying 'laissez moi vous introduire ...' for saying 'let me introduce
you'. Many followed, but like jokes, I forget.