Old 08-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Zarch Zarch is offline
Registered User

Default Lawn Spring Maintenance

Hello all.

In the autumn my lawn was looking pretty tired and worn out so i embarked on a course of aeration, scarifying/dethatching, autumn feed and overseeding. Unfortunatley, things didn't quite go to plan and its still looking pretty bare in places.

What is the earliest time that in can start overseeding again to try and get some life back into the lawn? Do i have to wait for frosts to disappear? Will I see germination or growth this early in the year? or should i wait till say April?

I was going to mix some sand/compost/riddled soil and grass seed for the overseeding, is this okay? Should i use some sort of feed too?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated

Regards

Mick