Old 08-02-2006, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Asimina triloba - hardy US 'pawpaw'

"Clare" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, does anyone grow Asimina triloba, the hardy american pawpaw?

It would be good to hear about your experience with it. How long did
it take to fruit? Was the fruit worth growing it for? Is it necessary
to grow two trees to ensure pollination? Do you need much space?

Thanks,

Clare.
(gardening on excellant Thames silt loam, with clay subsoil)

Let me make it clear that my knowledge of this plant is limited to eating
the fruit.
extract from RHS
"It needs long , hot summers to achieve tree stature, and to flower and
fruit freely . In cooler climates, it is grown as a multi-stemmed foliage
shrub"

It does sound an attractive shrub/bush/tree in it's own right--might plant a
few seeds.