Old 09-02-2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
?

Default Are any orchids poisonous?

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 15:49:34 -0500 in Diana Kulaga wrote:
I can't speak to the matter of toxicity, but as to using orchid flowers as
garnish, I do it all the time, usually giving them a coating of egg white, a
dip in fine sugar, and letting them dry on a rack. They give a real boost to
the presentation of a fancy dessert. No one has died, LOL, but then, adults
know better than to eat them!

I must not be an adult. I would eat them.
Then again if it isn't metal, plastic, glass, or ceramic, I would attempt to
eat what's on my plate.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil