Old 08-02-2006, 09:28 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tom Puskar

Default Cleaning over the Winter

That's kind of what I was thinking. I'll probably spend some time with them
this weekend.

Enjoyed your web site. My pond grew from a 150 gallon to about 750 gallon
over the past few years. I also have a 300 gallon"indoor pond", a 100
gallon, 65 gallon 29 gallon and 2 10 gallon aquariums all filled
(overstocked!) with goldfish from the outside pond. My wife says one more
tank and she's outta here!

That space in the corner is big enough for a 75 gallon tank!!!

Its good to see there are still a few people in the group who are interested
in discussing ponds!

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message

"Tom Puskar" wrote in message
I'm in central NJ and we've had a warm season so far. My pond had hardly
frozen over at all and the fish are active most days. The water is
crystal clear but a lot of leaves have figured out how to get into the
pond even though I have netting over it.

Net them OUT before they start to decay and cause an algae bloom and
brownish water. They can also cause PH to drop. It may stir up the
bottom and cause cloudy water for a say or two but that will settle.

My question is should I be removing the leaves and risk disturbing an
otherwise tranquil pond or would it be better to wait until Spring
cleaning?

Thanks,

Tom in Howell, NJ

--