Old 09-02-2006, 12:56 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran

Default How fast do tadpoles grow?

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
Howdy.

I don't know what kind of tadpoles they are either, I just didn't think
any
kind of tadpole could get that big in just a month. I've got lots and
lots
of frogs around here (also lizards and skinks) so I'm not exactly
surprised
to find tadpoles, I just hadn't expected any that big so soon. I live up
in northern Florida, zone 8 also, but it seems to be a bit warmer zone 8
than where you live. By the way, I went to Cambridge Elementary School in
(you guessed it) San Antonio, TX.

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
We are the CroMagnon of the future

I thought I recognized that "Howdy"!

One of the web sites I have bookmarked
from searches I've done to ID frogs, toads,
insects, etc., is the IFAS site:
http://www.wec.ufl.edu/extension/frogs/default.htm
Sometimes I can find a better photo or
description in another State's site than in
Texas sites, although TX does pretty good
in the wildlife area.

Anyway, I hope you can ID your frogs
or toads. They're fun to watch grow.

Gail