Old 08-02-2006, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

Default Blue-green algae / cyanobacteria? Or is it something else?

Already cross-posted and I don't know where you're posting from.

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message

If it were me I'd change 80% of the water for two days (algae likes
contant coditions, you can "shock" it to death or at least hurt it
badly) then fertilize properly with macro and micronutrients
and use Flourish Excel. If should be gone in about 4 days if
you do this.

This was already suggested and it makes this stuff grow even FASTER than
ever. It seems to love nothing better than a water change and fertilizer.
Doubling the light also gave it a boost. There has to be some other
answer......... Maybe you're talking about a different type of
algae/bacteria/diatom.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952