Old 08-02-2006, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
NetMax

Default Blue-green algae / cyanobacteria? Or is it something else?

"Shorty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I read that cyanobacteria doesn't like water movement and oxygen. I
also read in some places that it appears when nitrates are very low.

I will do a partial water change... and get more water movement and
aeration. I was minimizing aeration to keep the CO2 in the tank but it
might be better to increase CO2 injection and aerate at the same time.
I will also add more nitrate in addition to the regular amounts.

Will let you know what happens.

It doesn't sound like cynobacteria. I think someone had a good algae ID web
page on their site, Mike?
--
www.NetMax.tk