Old 09-02-2006, 04:22 PM posted to rec.ponds
2pods

Default Cleaning over the Winter

"Tom Puskar" wrote in message
I should have mentioned that I also use the indoor pond for wintering over
my tropicals. Right now I have 5 umbrella palms ranging from 2 ft to
almost 5 feet tall in there along with a few Cana, a few hostas and
horsetail rush. The Cana has been in there since November and is about to
bloom. I have other Cana scattered around the house which are in bloom
now.

All of my plants need splitting but I think I'll wait until I can put them
back outside.

I'll be glad to send a pic but don't think we're supposed to do that to
the group.

I also took my Umbrella plams inside for the winter.
They're just about holding up, which is more than I can say for the WH and
lettuce I took in.
They just disintegrated !

I noticed our small pond already has Blanketweed growing from the edges.
I thought this stuff died in winter ?

Peter