Old 02-03-2003, 04:57 PM

Default Help with Regal Geraniums

Hi all,

I assume that you grow these geraniums (also known as Martha Washington)
in England. I live in the New York area and I believe these plants will
not bloom outdoors in our climate. I purchased this one plant during a
visit to Seattle last summer and kept it in my sunroom which is pretty
cool during the winter. Now it is blooming beautifully (and it has grown
a lot). I'm not sure what to do next, do I plant it outdoors (shade?)
in the spring even if it doesn't bloom? Or do I just trim it and
transplant it to a larger pot, put it in the shade outdoors and then
bring it back in at the end of summer? Or....anything else? Thanks so
much for any comments or suggestions you may have. Susana