Old 02-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Kay Easton

Default OT Red squirrel

In article , Malcolm
writes

Yes, your red squirrel is a completely different species (indeed
different genus) from ours. Unlike our grey squirrel which is yours and
we would like you to come and take them all back, please!

I agree we'd have preferred them never to give them to us, but if they
came and took them all back, would the reds really recolonise? Or would
I be left with no squirrels at all in my garden?

And in
exchange we will take all your starlings and house sparrows

No, no, no, no! I've got plenty of both of those! 4 starlings regularly
visiting the bird table, which is all I need, and about 20 house
sparrows twittering away in the hedge outside the kitchen window.

They're getting very good at hovering and perching - I'm sure the ones
around when I was a kid weren't that good.

because they
are both becoming much scarcer over here. Though, of course, we also
realise how much you love them both....:-))

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/