Old 03-03-2003, 11:09 AM
Louise

Default Is pampas grass possible in NE facing garden?

Dear All,

I love pampas grass (even though our garden is quite small) and would
love to have a go at planting some in our garden....in an area which
gets a couple of hours lunchtime sun in the day.

Can you please tell me the conditions it needs/ prefers?

I assume it prefers wet areas? Our garden is heavy clay and baked dry
in the summer and waterlogged in the winter . Does this sound like an
ok place for it to thrive? (Its more the summer droughts that concern
me).

Also, how quick does it grow?

Your tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks