Old 03-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Kay Easton

Default Is pampas grass possible in NE facing garden?

In article , Louise
writes
Dear All,

I love pampas grass (even though our garden is quite small) and would
love to have a go at planting some in our garden....in an area which
gets a couple of hours lunchtime sun in the day.

My next door neighbour has some in this situation. It is, he says, one
of the smaller varieties. It is still taller than him when it flowers.

Can you please tell me the conditions it needs/ prefers?

This copes in sticky yorkshire clay.

I assume it prefers wet areas?

Why? Isn't it from S American pampas? Is that wet? (I'm showing my
ignorance here!)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: