Old 04-03-2003, 08:45 AM

Default Rotary lawnmower for small, narrow lawn?

Jane Lumley wrote:
What would you experienced lawn people recommend? I'm happy to push the
mower or to go petroldriven, but my lawn is sometimes only 18 inches
wide. eventually I want to put stepping stones in it so the mower would
of course need adjustable blades.

Hi,

Last year I decided to go for a mechanical push mower for my small size
lawn. I went for a slightly more expensive than the bottom of the range
(homebase/B&Q) and paid about £50 for it. I have to say that I have
absolutely no regret at all: I had no idea that it was so easy (at least
when the blades are well sharp). I did my lawn last saturday without
problem, eventhough it was quite high and wet. Not sure about the size
of the blade, but I think it would do fine in 18 inches stips.

Philippe