Old 04-03-2003, 09:36 PM
Joe

Default Pampas grass what do we do with it?

It starts regrowing in Spring.

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 at 00:31:13 code_wrong wrote:

How long does it take to grow again?

"Joe" wrote in message
I cannot burn my Pampas Grass because it is next to a wooden fence, but
I have used a strimmer, hand held shears, and a hedge trimmer to cut it
down to a stump. The hedge trimmer is the best tool IMO.

Cheers

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 at 19:34:47 wrote:

Yes they were serious, people with large gardens do this ...though you
need to be ready with a bucket of water!!!!
They do actually burn in the wild.
I just use a strimmer on mine..but do not damage the crown.

We used to have one and just pruned off ragged leaves - avoiding the
temptation to pull dead/dying leaves out with bare hands - they rip skin
like razor blades! Someone once said that you can set fire to them and

let
all the old leaves burn - this is what supposedly happens to them out on

the
plains. I don't know if they were serious or not.

--
Joe Farrugia, London
http://www.harlon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/garden/