Old 04-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Steve Harris

Default killing sycamores

In article , (don)
wrote:

Use SBK brushwood killer.

Yes or Deep Root crystals. I've used both. The trick seems to be to cut
them down close to the ground and IMEDIATELY apply the stuff to the
stump. Cover the cut surface, especially the outer ring which is where
the sap is.

Spraying foliage or drilling holes in the trunk and planning to axe
later has been far less effective for me.

If you delay applying the killer to the stump, the top bit dies and you
have no way of getting the poison to the roots. A few months later you
get buds between the cut and the ground :-(.