Old 05-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Jack

Default Poppies from Seed

I was planning on seeding my poppies in situ, but I thought I'd sow them in
straight lines or in one particular area and then move them when I know what
they are.

Last year I made the mistake of willy-nilly scattering a wildflower mixture,
and then I had to look at what looked like an untidy, weedy border until the
plants had grown to a decent size. It was very ugly for a couple of months.

"Annabel" wrote in message

"Newbie Gardener" wrote in message
All the seed packets seem to say poppies should be sowed where the are

flower. Is there anyone who has had success sowing them indoors and
transplanting them? I'm scared I wont be able to tell them apart from

any
annual weeds that spring up.

Thanks for any help
Lorraine

They really ought to be sown in situ.. If you sow a few extra and mark
their position you will be able to see what the seedlings look like.

Bell