Old 05-03-2003, 03:16 PM
AWM

Default Poppies from Seed

"Newbie Gardener" wrote in message
All the seed packets seem to say poppies should be sowed where the are to
flower. Is there anyone who has had success sowing them indoors and
transplanting them? I'm scared I wont be able to tell them apart from any
annual weeds that spring up.

Thanks for any help
Lorraine

They transplant ok but it sets them back a lot but last year having said
that I had them still flowering well into November which is pretty good as
far north as I am (Central Scotland)

I have had pretty mixed results with germination they don't seem to geminate
well in the same ground for 2 years in succession, I have had the most luck
with very cheap packets of seeds bought from the Lidel cut price supermarket
chain these appear a better bet than well known brands.