Old 09-02-2006, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default A hint of spring?

On 9/2/06 12:46, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Today was a 'softer' day, with a little rain and some sun and that, combined
with the blackbirds' muscle flexing and the sudden shooting up of snowdrops,
leads me to hope that spring really is thinking about getting here!

Winter aconites out here, but no snowdrops. They're late.

Yes, our snowdrops have been very late this year, even allowing for the fact
that lots of different varieties mean a staggered start anyway. Even the
ones for sale in pots came to a grinding halt but have now put on a bit of a
spurt. But in the last few days the ones in the garden have started to pop
up madly all over the place.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk