Old 09-02-2006, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian

Default For David Poole

"Sacha" wrote in But to get onto
truly heavenly scents, I'm after Matthew and Ray to order
some Populus balsamica because the smell of that, after a shower of rain

and
a warmish day is a transport of delight, IMO. I don't really understand

why
it isn't planted more because it's wonderful. Is there some drawback to

it
that other poplars don't have?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I agree~~~ a lovely fragrance from the sticky buds. However I have
found it very prone to both bacterial and fungal canker as well as severe
die-back. I've always had to start again from cuttings every few years.
Besr Wishes Brian.