Old 09-02-2006, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default OT Problem with this uk.rec.gardening

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
The message
from "Tumbleweed" contains these
words:
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Then do the simple thing and use a more sensible isp.

Alan

What is 'non sensible' about news.individual.net?

He should obviously be using standard software like OE.
No probs here with NIN and OE.

That's what all the script-kiddies think, too.

You know my views on OE already: don't use it for email. The
script-kiddies don't get in via n.i.n. and OE as long as it's used
strictly for newsgroups only. FLW, I suppose; but I've never heard of a
problem with this restricted use.

In any case, one must always use either a fake or a secondary email
address when posting to Usenet; and with a spare address, it's a good
idea to munge it a bit and apply your provider's filters. Tell friends
and family to send you those bulk email jokes and campaigning messages
with blind carbon copies or not at all. It's ages since I got more than
about four spam emails a day on the address you see above: that's better
than the garbage which falls out of the newspaper or comes through the
letter-box in the door.

--
Mike.