Old 09-02-2006, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default A hint of spring?

"Rod Craddock" wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote in message
id...

Yes, our snowdrops have been very late this year, even allowing for
the fact
that lots of different varieties mean a staggered start anyway.
Even the
ones for sale in pots came to a grinding halt but have now put on a
bit of a
spurt. But in the last few days the ones in the garden have started
to pop
up madly all over the place.

Ours are very late but looking exceptional quality and quantity -
slugs often damage them very severely here.
We've had a Robin working with us on the new deep beds today, the
quantity of worms he's put away in unbelievable - he'll have
indigestion tonight and I wouldn't want to be under where he roosts
;~}
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.

Here also the best snowdrops I have ever seen, some small compensation for
the coldest winter we can recall in long time. (no daffs yet!)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk