Old 06-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Paul Taylor

Default Poppies from Seed

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 14:24:33 +0000, Emrys Davies wrote:

If you want a brightish yellow poppy which has a long season of
flowering, get 'Welsh Poppy'. But, be warned, it spreads all over the
place.

They have also the additional advantage of liking shady conditions.

The road I live on has north facing walls on my side of the road and
south facing on the other side. The Welsh popies seem to love it both
side flowering for many months.

I tried to get some seed about two weeks ago but none of the local garden
centres stocked it which I found suprising. All of them stocked
himalayan, wild, +lots of others that I have never heard of. I had to
order them so I just hope they arrive in time for me to sow them!!

Regards,

PT.