Old 06-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Dwayne

Default Poppies from Seed

Have any of you seen or raised one that has the orange flower, but with a
white rim around the top of it? I saw one in a garden one year, that the
gentleman was taking plant orders from. He could never fill my order for
one reason or another. I would love to get some seeds and try them myself.
Thanks. Dwayne

"Sharon Curtis" wrote in message
In article ,
Newbie Gardener wrote:
All the seed packets seem to say poppies should be sowed where the are to
flower. Is there anyone who has had success sowing them indoors and
transplanting them? I'm scared I wont be able to tell them apart from any
annual weeds that spring up.

Sow them in lines. You'll be able to spot the line when they come
up and that'll tell them apart from the weeds.

Sharon