Old 07-03-2003, 01:14 AM
Bob

Default THE TOADS ARE A-TRILLING

We live in southern alabama and the toads have returned for another
season. Looks like winter is over for us.Our water temp is up to 65
degrees and the koi are getting active. (I think they were happy to
see the toads return!) Last year we weren't too sure we wanted them
breading in the pond (that was our first year) but after seeing what a
wonderful job they did about cleaning up the rocks.....we welcome them
this year! Last year they came five times and each time left the pond
spotless of algae. Last night a dozen males appeared and only 4
females.
Pondering.........
Bob and Susie
You may see our pond at: