Old 07-03-2003, 05:20 AM
jammer

Default Creeping jenny question

I am a wussy gardener. When i watch gardeners on TV slice right
through the roots of a plant, i cringe. It just looks like it would
hurt and certainly kill the plant. (I know it depends on the plant)

My question. I am supposed to "devide the root ball" of my creeping
jenny plant. I do not want to kill this plant! I want some on land to
grow over into the pond for a natural toad ramp So i just remove it
from the pot, lay it down, and slice it in half from top to bottom and
re plant? Sounds brutal and way too easy Sure i won't kill it? The
plant in question is in the pond, so i hope it is adaptable to land. I
know they grow in both places, the caladium i had on land last year,
died in the pond, so i am assuming some plants don't like the wet/dry
treatment.
jammer