Old 13-02-2003, 12:55 AM

Default Crocuses!!

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:04:24 GMT, Madgardener
wrote:

"Geoff" wrote in
:

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:20:39 GMT, Madgardener
wrote:

then you'd be purple with jealousy when I tell you it's 46o today,
blustery, but sunny and I pulled about a cubic yard of vinca outa the
flowerbeds........discovered lupine seedlings from the seeds thatGeoff
in Scotland sent me that I sowed last fall up, WOO HOO!! of courseit
could all change with a winter snow next week, Mom's Nature is fickle
like that!
hang in there girl, I like yer snippadoo................
madgardener

Woohoo Marilyn!!

Glad to hear that! The lupin plants that provided those seeds are
starting to throw up new rosettes of leaves fromtheir bases since my
temps (in Dundee, Scotland) seem to be similar to those that you are
reporting in recent posts.

hmmmmmmm, if it's that nice in Scotland, and the scenery is as beautiful
as it looks from the book you sent me with the calendar, maybe we should
just pack up and move there...........GBSEG

I have a few snowdrops out, the crocus blooms are imminent, and
hellebores (niger and foetidus)
are well in evidence in my garden.

I didn't think to look at the hellebores, I am so frustrated with their
taking their sweet time with bud formation......I will run out really
quickly and see if there are ANY signs of buds. report back tomorrow if
there are.......... good to see yer lurking in there Geoff! G

Yeppers, Marilyn!! I'm usually here keeping an eye on all the good
folks here. Hope those lupine seeds give you the multicolored display
that their parents did in my garden last year. Also, I trust that your
hellebores are progressing..
Best wishes
Geoff