Old 07-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Buying a petrol chainsaw

In article ,
Mike wrote:
Can anyone guide me regarding the purchase of a two stroke chainsaw.
A 12" bar would be fine.
Looking for a relaible model for light and infrequent use.

Well, I know that this is a FIR (Frequently Ignored Response), but
why on earth do you want such a thing?

For light and infrequent use, a bow saw is cheaper, safer, more
reliable, quicker (overall) and often less effort. Now, there ARE
things that a chainsaw will do effectively, but neither a bowsaw
nor a billhook will, but not many.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679