Old 07-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default why my lettuce is almost 2 feet long

Maybe its gotten really really excited over what Pamela Anderson has been
doing with lettuce?

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...064208992.html

Actually lettuce is a cool weather crop and does not do well in the hot
Florida climate.

info wrote in message
i am in Tampa, Florida

last year i started gardening for the first time, i growed lettuce, seeds
were planted April, results were a complete disaster, i had almost 2 feet
lettuce .(cant remeber the scientific term)

this year i tried it in december till now in a very simple greenhouse ,
results r great(not sure why it is not crunchy) , but .....

temperature has been floating above 80's since almost 2 weeks, and some
lettuce(specailly Romaine) started doing the same thing as last year, not

2
feet, but quiet long.

i am wondering if someone grew lettuce successfully in Florida, and what
makes lettuce go long ? is it sunlight or heat, so far all of my lettuce

is
still in teh greenhosue, but some of them as i mentioned r trying to grab
the skies

thnx