Old 07-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Rod

Default Buying a petrol chainsaw

"anton" wrote in message ...
I noticed in a local ag. supplier that it was necessary to
produce certificates in order to buy a chainsaw.

I'm not sure that's a legal requirement - Just guessing they're covering their own backs.
AFAIK a certificate is mandatory for anyone using a chainsaw at work but Joe Public can cut his legs off in his own
garden and doesn't need a certificate to do so.
Although most of us above a 'certain' age learned without the benefit of proper training I wouldn't recommend it. I had
to get certified eventually anyway to train and supervise others.

Rod