Old 10-02-2006, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Bacon

Default Old flower seed.

Rupert wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote in message

I have some seed, of foxglove, from a particularly interesting plant
that flowered last year. What's my best chance of getting it to grow?
I would see what comes of it.

In what way was it interesting? I ask because that might give a clue as to
whether it's annual, biennial, perennial or a short lived perennial.
Is the parent still around ?

The thread is at:

http://tinyurl.com/al7hw
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....5ba527c8618a2b

The parent expired at the end of the season. I've got some photos,
which I shall endeavour to upload somewhere.

The plant was a large and strong one. The central flower spike
terminated in a "rosette" affair, vaguely akin to a sunflower
with minimal heart. The central spike was surrounded by others
terminating in a "peloric" flower, different from the top one:

*

v | v
\ | /
\|/
-^-

A bit like that. There werw normal flowers on each spike as
well, excepting the "point".