Old 07-03-2003, 08:09 PM
The Q

Default Buying a petrol chainsaw

sorry must beg to differ a chainsaw is much better and quicker

I've used a bow saw and still Do, for up to 4 inches cutting, but with
several trees to chop up the chainsaw makes life much easier. BUT
REMEMBER TO GET A SHARPENING FILE!!!
For the occational tree, I cut down around three a year, I've bought a
MAC335 (petrol) there is also a MAC 335 electric, strangely the chains
are different!!!
Very reliable sits in the garage most of the time. Costs around
130pounds B+Q have them (and the sharpening file kit)amoungst others.
If I was doing it for a Living I'd get a Husquvarna but they cost a
LOT more...

The Q