Old 11-02-2006, 11:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
HH

Default Pruning and tying

I'm new to climbing roses. Right now I want to both prune and tie a climbing
rose that is in its third year. I did a terrible job tying it up last year.
I have read some accounts but am confused about both the pruning and tying.
Can someone help me with a brief primer or point me to an internet site?
Many thanks. By the way, I was in my backyard in California's central valley
east of San Francisco this afternoon, pondering what to do with the rose. It
was 80ºF in the shade and must have been close to 90º near the sunny south
facing wall. I was driven indoors. Mid-winter, mind you. Very, very unusual.

HH