Old 12-02-2006, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

Default Bareroot vs. potted

"William Barger" wrote in message
They are mail order so I cannot see them before buying.
Bill

When I wrote: "I've chosen the plants first",
I meant I knew which varieties I wanted by
name.

You know which *varieties* you're buying, right?
I mean, you're not ordering any old reds, yellows,
etc. You're picking roses by name, for example,
Mr. Lincoln. I'm not saying *you* will order
Mr. Lincoln, I'm simply giving Mr. Lincoln
as an example of a HT red.

My point was, if you can get the roses you
want (the *varieties* you want), then by all
means go for the cheaper bareroot roses, given
that you can get the same sort of guarantee
as on the potted roses.

Which roses do you plan to order?

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8